Purchases materials and services for ongoing product, using the MRP system. Purchases materials for New Product Introduction (NPI), equipment, supplies and services in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures. This position requires the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Purchase materials for ongoing products, using demand reports, identified source plans and clear to build reports.
- Manages NPI requirements by identifying and selects vendor to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and places orders.
- Writes and distributes bids or requests; receives and analyzes bids, quotes and proposals.
- Minimize, monitor and dispose of excess and obsolete materials or last time buy components.
- Monitor supplier action reports for any delivery or cost changes, as reported by suppliers.
- Maintenance of MRP purchasing module data.
- Provide material analysis and disposition related to customer Engineering Change Orders.
- Resolve invoicing and debit memos with suppliers.
- Report Team statistics, as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be computer literate. (Microsoft Office applications).
- Knowledge of materials, products, and the commodity market in area of specialization.
- Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to multitask to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of purchasing processes in an ISO 9001 quality based system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
5+ years of buying experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Electronic manufacturing services work experience is preferred.
Please send resume to Javad EMS, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org